Friday, January 13, 2012

Wives who submit to their husbands, ever feel suffocated/trapped?

I try to be a good Christian wife. And my husband really is a good man in most respects. He's hard-working and Bible believing...he's an awesome father and helps with the kids when he can and he is good at giving me gifts and some opportunities for "me" time...so I don't want to seem like I'm husband bashing or that I'm unhappy or want out of my marriage...but I gave up a lot to be a stay at home wife and mom...I know most people think that's an awesome thing but that was never my dream. I had career and personal goals and love to earn money and be out doing things...being a mover and shaker! But for my husband I settled down, had two kids, and stopped working...so now because I don't work and make money, I often feel like I have no say and my life revolves around what my husband wants me to do. I can't give when I want to give. I can't drop and help someone, not even if I could find a babysitter because he doesn't want anyone watching our kids except for my mother-in-law and she's limited on how often she can do that...like I have a brother who has asked me to help him financially for college and has asked me to go here and there with him but my husband says no...and so when I at least get on the phone and talk to him and schools and family to try to iron out problems for him, my husband gives me a hard time...anytime I want to help someone in need, he gives me a hard time and says my focus needs to be 100 percent on family needs...I don't feel like I neglect family needs. I work hard keeping the kids happy and fed, educating my toddler, getting them out of the house for playdates, keeping the house clean and organized, laundry, etc....so I'm trying to follow the Word about wives submitting to their husbands but it often makes me feel so limited, suffocated, and trapped because my husband has TOO much to say about what I do.....what do you think? What would you do? Especially interested from a Christian/Bible perspective...

0 comments:

Post a Comment