Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tripping horse in Guelph for testing, what should I expect?

My nine year old Hannoverian TB X has been stumbling more than normal. I've had him since he was two, and I was 8 and he's always been very healthy. We had the vet come look at him, and he agreed that it seemed excessive. He is in Guelph (at the biggest equine veterinary centre in Canada) right now undergoing testing. He was tested on the spot for west nile and EPM and came beck negative. He is currently doing the most difficult dressage training he has done before, although we don't belive he has been pushed too hard. He is in a small boarding facility, quite clean, two hours north of Toronto, with hot summers and very cold winters. I want to know what the possibilities are, and what I should be preparing myself for. Please give me an idea of what it could be, and what his chances are. My father will pay for any operations, even if it means he can't be ridden any more, so that could help maybe? Does anyone have any ideas? I'm really scared.

0 comments:

Post a Comment